Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Rudi Arapahoe - Echoes From One To Another


01 I Close My Eyes And Float To The Ceiling
02 To Gather Flowers
03 Forest Of Arches
04 Dionysian Birds
05 Every Time I Sleep
06 Echoes From One To Another
07 Lunar Semaphore
08 Conversation Piece
09 Vulture Phantasy
10 Pleroma
11 Last Words Unspoken
12 My Shadow (Vanishes)

This is just a monstrously brilliant album. I had no idea what to expect as I hadn't heard anything from it at all and when I put it on it just blew me away. It's very hard to describe exactly what it's like as it's such a deep blend of styles, yet comes across as quite unique. There's a hint of Grouper, a little textural-ness that's almost Gas-like, some beautifully ethereal classical moments and a generally fluid and sculptural beauty. However you choose to categorize this yourself, be sure that it's a simply stunning piece of work. Recommended..www.smallfish.co.uk

1 comment: