Thursday, April 23, 2009

Let’s Go Outside - A Picnic with the Hunters


1. Peripheral
2. I Keep On Trying
3. I’ll Lick Your Spine
4. My First Time
5. Like My Creep
6. Girls Don’t Like Me
7. You Make Me Struggle
8. Crashing
9. I’m Sitting Alone
10. Still Up
11. My Friend


Portland-based producer Stephen Schieberl makes his full-length debut for Soma having released two singles, 'Speak My Language' and the rather filthy 'I'll Lick Your Spine' (included here) featuring a particularly illustrative vocal from Christina Broussard, who presents a detailed itinerary of her seduction technique. As is true for much of A Picnic With The Hunters, the track makes for an artful balance between edgy techno production and skewed pop sensibilities. 'Peripheral' could be compared to Safety Scissors around the time of his Parts Water album given its odd, sing-song-y vocal and weird clicks 'n' cuts funk, whilst other tracks go straight for the jugular, with 'My First Time' and 'I'm Sitting Lone' gunning for harsh, abstract territory. By the time the Detroit-influenced pads of 'Still Up' kick in, it becomes apparent that it's this willingness to hop between styles and disciplines that makes the album such a refreshing, whimsical electronic record. A fine addition to the Soma roster...www.boomkat.com

1 comment:

  1. http://rapidshare.com/files/224157676/Lets_Go_Outside_-_A_Picnic_With_The_Hunters__2008_.rar



    thanks to totpunkt

    ReplyDelete