Thursday, March 5, 2009

Camera Obscura - My Maudlin Career


01. French Navy

02. The Sweetest Thing

03. You Told a Lie

04. Away With Murder
05. Swans

06. James

07. Careless Love

08. My Maudlin Career

09. Forest and Sands

10. Other Towns and Cities

11. Honey in the Sun

Persistent despair is charming and cute again! Camera Obscura is back with My Maudlin Career, the follow-up to 2006's Let's Get Out of This Country. Title track "My Maudlin Career" signals that the album's tone tends towards the fuzzy, dream-y twee that made up its predecessor. Most of the time it's difficult to make out what singer Tracyanne Campbell is saying amidst all the reverb and spaced-out guitars, but she still manages to make sadness sound sweet and romantic in a way that most of her contemporaries can't match. My Maudlin Career is out April 20 on 4AD...www.prefixmag.com

1 comment:

  1. http://rapidshare.com/files/205628290/Camera_Obscura_-_My_Maudlin_Career__2009_.rar

    ReplyDelete