Thursday, March 19, 2009

CFCF- Panesian Night


01. Crystal Mines
02. Call Girl
03. The Explorers
04. Arctic
05. Sogni Rossi
06. Goodbye
07. Color Dreams


This artist has been gettin’ all sorts of buzz on the new electro disco rave blogosphere, first as an impeccable remixer (Crystal Castles, The Teenagers), and now as a solo artist in his own right. Panesian Nights, his first EP, is a solid release and a great pick for those who are fans of Valerie Collective, Futurecop!, etc… I really like this album because it’s a little more chilled out than some of the electrodiscorave shit recently (think Anoraak, not Ed Banger), and has that quality to it that you only find in some songs (listen to The Explorers to know what I mean - it’s that “the world is ending/there’s a big revolutionary change coming up and I’m scared but excited in anticipation and comforted by this song which I will be listening to as I ride it out” feeling. You know, like in some New Order songs.) He is also cool because his name stands for Canadian Fuck Coming Famous (according to a last.fm shouter). I’ll believe it - I’ve heard worse (wtf is a Hoobastank? Limp Bizkit is gross….I’m glad I’m not in middle school anymore).

2 comments:

  1. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=92H5RA6S

    ReplyDelete
  2. could you give us a shout-out please, since you re-posted the link? thanks!

    -honeypower.net

    ReplyDelete