Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Säkert - På Engelska


01. November
02. Honey
03. Fredrik
04. Can I
05. The Lakes We Skate On
06. The Flu
07. Dancing, Though
08. You'll Be On Your Own
09. It's Going To Lead Up To Something Bad
10. Weak Is The Flesh
11. Quiet


In 2010, we released "Facit", our second album with my band Sakert (Sakert is a band where I've sung in Swedish. I also have a band where I sing in English - Hello Saferide.) We are lucky enough to have super sweet listeners in different countries and some of them wrote me, saying they were google translating "Facit and babelfishing it and asking their grandfather with Norwegian ancestors for translation, and it all turned out very weird

"How sad", I thought, "that I can't just translate the songs Which is when I thought: "Um, why don't I just translate the songs "What if", I thought, "I translate them almost word by word, and it nearly turns into a third language, English words used in a Swedish way So I did, and we decided to record the songs
and turn them into an album. During the process, the translated songs pretty much felt like new to us. Everything seemed different when sung in another language, and
producer/guitar player Henrik Oja found some new sounds for them

About the album, then. Well, "Pa Engelska mostly contains songs from "Facit", but it
also features two tunes from our first album, Skert. The songs are about working too hard, loving too much, talking too little, growing up too slow in the northern parts of Sweden,and about fearing your country's politics in going somewhere where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. They're about crying at a wedding. They feature a lot of sad guitars and folk-ish violins. Every time I go abroad I
meet someone who asks me about the famous Scandinavian melancholia and I guess this
album pretty much embraces that. The songs are simple and sad. In a fun way, hopefully

Sakert is a project based in Umea, Sweden. On tour and on album, we have been: Annika Norlin, Henrik Oja, Daniel Berglund, Mats Hammarstrom, Jakob Nystrom, Lovisa Nystrom, Frida Johansson, and some other people who occasionally help out

We've been nominated to a lot of awards, like the Swedish Grammys, and won a few. We sold a lot of albums and we always try to make people cry when we play. Um, that's about it...www.itsatrap.com

No comments:

Post a Comment