Friday, January 8, 2010
Best of Hearts of Space, No.1: First Flight
01. Kitaro - Free Flight
02. Irene Papas & Vangelis - Neranzoula
03. Thomas de Hartmann - The Great Prayer
04. Michael Stearns - In The Beginning
05. Michael Stearns - Life In The Gravity Well
06. Michael Stearns - As The Earth Kissed The Moon
07. Deuter - Haleakala Mystery
08. Paul Lloyd Warner & Steve Kindler - Prisms
09. Charles Lloyd - Pathless Path
10. David Darling - Cycle Song
The nationally syndicated radio show, Hearts of Space celebrated it's 25th anniversary in 2008. After ten years as a local Bay Area program Hearts of Space emerged in January 1983 with syndication to 35 non-commercial radio stations. The program is now syndicated on over 200 NPR stations and XM Satellite Radio and boasts the second largest footprint of any current show on NPR.
From the beginning, the program's success has come from consistently high production quality and sensitive, knowledgeable music programming. The program has defined its own niche a mix of ambient, electronic, world, new age, classical and experimental music. Artists and record companies around the world recognize Hearts of Space as the original, most widely heard, premiere showcase for "contemplative music, broadly defined."
The Best of Hearts of Space: No. 1 First Flight is the first show aired from January 1, 1983. The show features what are now premier names in the format including Academy Award® winner Vangelis with Irene Papas, Grammy® Award winner Kitaro and Grammy® nominated David Darling. Other artists include Russian composer Thomas De Hartmann, instrumentalist Deuter, and pioneering ambient musician Michael Stearns...www.amazon.com